Join Our Volunteer Panel
MVLS invites you to join our statewide network of volunteer lawyers who make pro bono count for nearly 3,000 Maryland residents each year. Our volunteer attorneys work in private practice, corporations and government. We provide legal services to low-income individuals through our core pro bono programs and assist community-based nonprofits serving low-income communities in Maryland.
Attorneys must be admitted to practice in Maryland and be a member of the bar in good standing as well as a member of the Maryland State Bar Association.
Volunteers Benefit Professionally By:
- Learning new areas of the law
- Gaining valuable experience in your practice area and in court
- Fulfilling your pro bono reporting requirement
- Knowing you made a difference
We Support our Volunteers With:
- Malpractice insurance
- Free training
- Use of our offices to meet with clients
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Looking for other opportunities to volunteer? You can help out at our JustAdvice® clinic. Learn more.
Types of Cases MVLS Accepts
Administration of Small Estates
Bankruptcy (Chapter 7 only)
Criminal Record Expungement
Denial of Public Benefits
Power of Attorney